Southern Thailand has some of Thailand’s best diving, with a wide variety of sites scattered through the area of south of Phuket, Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta.
Some of the key dive sites of Southern Thailand are
- Hin Daeng and Hin Muang – twin pinnacles famous for manta ray and whale shark sightings
- Koh Haa – a lagoon in the middle of the ocean from by five enormous rocks
- Koh Bida – a limestone island near Koh Phi Phi that has abundant marine life
- King Cruiser – a passenger ferry shipwreck that has become an underwater sanctuary
- Shark Point
- Anemone Reef
You can get to these sites by liveaboard or daytrips from Phuket, Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta.
Koh Lanta is geographically nearest to Hin Daeng / Hin Muang and Koh Haa and had daytrips departing every day to go to these sites. You can book a daytrip to either destination online
The most economical way to see Southern Thailand’s sites is by a liveaboard.
Koh Lanta’s MV Flying Seahorse departs from Koh Lanta and Koh Phi Phi.
The liveaboard has 2 day and 4 day itineraries to explore Southern Thailand’s site.
The MV Flying Seahorse also has a 5 day itinerary which includes Southern Thailand with the Similan Islands.
Follow the links to see each of the Flying Seahorse’s itineraries
- 2 Day Diving Southern Thailand
- 4 Day Diving Southern Thailand
- 5 Day Diving Southern Thailand and Similan Islands